The Telehealth Program is a new state program in
The program provides a repository of information and resources including state telehealth laws, policies and guidelines; answers to frequently asked questions; educational materials and webinars; statewide telehealth services directory; publications and journals; links to associations, organizations and professional licensure boards and other state and national programs and resources.
The program is one of five business units, along with the Cabinet Privacy Program, the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange, the Kentucky Health Information Exchange (KHIE) and analytics for health and human services. Telehealth has the ability to work with the Cabinet Privacy Program dealing with HIPAA policies and procedures around the proper use and security for telehealth; with KHIE for providers to access clinical comprehensive care documents for telehealth services and with the analytics division to measure the value and effectiveness of telehealth.
How Do I Begin?
Medicaid Telehealth Laws
- 900 KAR 12:005E – Telehealth Terminology and Requirements
- 900 KAR 12:005 Ordinary – Telehealth Terminology and Requirements
- Telehealth Terminology Glossary
- 907 KAR 3:170 - Telehealth Services Coverage and Reimbursement
- 907 KAR 1:054 - Coverage Provisions and Requirements Regarding FQHC, FQHC look-alike services and primary care center services
- 907 KAR 1:055 - PCC, FQHC, FQHC look-alike and RHC Reg
- KRS 205.532 - Medicaid Credentialing of Health Care Providers
- 1500 Claim Form Coding Policy
- ADA Claim Form Coding Policy
Medicare Telehealth Laws
- Fact Sheet - Telehealth
- Fact Sheet - Rural Health Clinic
- Fact Sheet - Federally Qualified Health Center
Department of Insurance Laws
Frequently Asked Questions
(502) 564-0105, ext. 2421
100 Mill Creek Park, Ste. 23
Frankfort, KY 40601
Telehealth: Donna H. Veno, Telehealth