Nursing, residential care and assisted living facilities are at high risk for severe COVID-19 outbreaks due to their congregate nature and vulnerable population. A primary strategy for reducing the likelihood and severity of outbreaks is mass testing of both residents and staff. This site provides facilities with the information necessary to meet Oregon's mass testing objectives.
- OAR 411-060 establishes requirements for Oregon's nursing, residential care and assisted living facilities to ensure all residents and staff are tested for COVID-19
- OAR 411-060-0040 requires providers and their testing contractors to obtain informed consent before residents and staff are tested for COVID-19. NF-20-107 Provider Alert provides additional information.
Initial (Baseline) Staff and Resident Testing
- Non-Initial Testing per E-Board Authorization
- Baseline Testing - Phase One
- Routine Staff Testing - Phase Two
- Per OAR 411-060-0050, The Department of Human Services' Office of Safety, Oversight and Quality (SOQ) is sending this survey to all licensed nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and residential care facilities in Oregon to gather testing data from long-term care facilities required by OAR 411-060-0050 (1): "By the last day of July, August and September 2020, each Facility must submit to the Department on a form promulgated by the Department a summary report attesting to Facility Staff, Associated Staff and Resident testing completed since June 1, 2020, and listing remaining Facility Staff and Associated Staff to be tested and Residents to be offered testing."
- In addition to collecting required reporting data, this survey includes questions to help identify additional support facilities might need to complete the initial round of comprehensive testing called for in the Oregon Long Term Care Facility Testing Plan.
- Survey response due dates:
- Responses for the September survey must be submitted by 11:59 pm, September 30, 2020. If you have completed testing you may skip straight to the reporting tools listed below. If you still need assistance or have concerns about meeting the September 30, 2020 deadline, please submit the September Progress Report.
|Summary of Required LTCF Testing Plan Progress Reporting* (as of October 6, 2020)|
|Total number of LTCFs covered by testing plan and related rules||683|
|Percent of facilities completing initial testing [=683/683]||100%|
|Summary of Baseline Test Data|
*Per OAR 411-060, facilities are required to self-report this data at the end of each month in July and August - the numbers reflected are cumulative over the reporting period. August 26, 2020: duplicate reporting has been removed.
~ "Tested" and "Not Yet Tested" do not add up to the "Total Counts" due to staff and resident turnover.
Accessibility: Everyone has a right to know about and use Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) programs and services. DHS provides free help. Some examples of the free help DHS can provide are: sign language and spoken language interpreters, written materials in other languages, Braille, large print, audio and other formats. If you need help or have questions, please contact us at ADA.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Us: For questions about the testing plan, reporting requirements or the reimbursement process, please contact us at SOQ.LTCinfo@dhsoha.state.or.us.
Updated on December 31st, 2020 08:20AM