Oregon Health and Human Services Resources During COVID-19

One-stop online resource page for community-based organizations to find a wide range of resources to help during the COVID-19 pandemic. También en español

For additional resources, contact 211info:

Call 211
Text your zip code to 898211

Stay up-to-date on the OHA COVID-19 site and Governor Brown's COVID-19 site.

  • Find a testing site or free community testing event near you

Find helpful information about your grant on our website.

For comprehensive aging and disability resources and assistance contact the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) of Oregon by calling 855-ORE-ADRC or 855-673-2372, sending an email to ADRC.WebMessages@state.or.us or visiting the ADRC website

  • Report abuse call Oregon’s SafeLine at 855-503-SAFE (7233)
  • Abuse website

  • Medicare Premium payments, co-payments for medical care and prescriptions
  • General assistance for individuals with severe disabilities who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness

  • Accessing SNAP for older adults and people with disabilities is a different process that other populations
  • The Aging and Disability Resource Connection of Oregon’s Older Adult Meals Program (“Meals on Wheels”) provides meals for people across Oregon
  • Anyone 60+ can receive these meals. There are no income requirements and no charge for meals. The ADRC can also help connect people with disabilities, regardless of age, to food resources
  • Visit the ADRC website or call 855-673-2372

  • The Oregon Home Care Commission oversees home care and personal support workers who provide Medicaid-funded care in an Oregonian’s home. Provides a registry of home care and personal support workers

  • Regulation of nursing, assisted living, residential and memory care facilities as well as adult foster homes and oversight of long-term care referral agents. To check a facility’s regulatory compliance history visit: https://ltclicensing.oregon.gov/
  • Plans for individuals’ needs with services including in-home and facility long-term care, living situation modification and assistive devices

  • In-home personal care services to individuals who do not receive Medicaid. Learn more on the ADRC website

Find resources for employees, employers and unemployment.

  • NeedFood.Oregon.gov is a one stop website for new and existing food needs during the pandemic. It also has flyers and social media images in 11 languages for partners

Find resources for employees, employers and unemployment.

  • Behavioral resources and facts on the OHA COVID-19 page
  • You are not alone: Behavioral health resources from ODHS during COVID-19
  • CDC has launched a new website, How Right Now, for mental health, coping, and resiliency. The site includes links to relevant resources (food banks, housing, job placement services), warm/hot support lines, emotion/coping one-pagers, and a partner toolkit
  • The Safe + Strong Helpline is a free and confidential resource for all Oregonians who are looking for emotional support. Call 800-923-HELP (4357). You do not need to be in mental health crisis to call this line. If you need or want help beyond what the line can provide, you will be connected to those services. This can include community-based services such as housing, food assistance or clinical services. Certified interpreters are also available for those who speak a language other than English. Through this number, you can also connect with Lines for Life (linesforlife.org), a suicide prevention organization with specific resources for youth, military personnel and their families, and those affected by substance abuse problems. You can also request support from a culturally specific provider
  • SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. Call SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline at 800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to speak to a trained crisis counselor
  • Safe + Strong is resource-driven to allow multiple languages to confirm “it’s OK to not be OK,” encourage seeking help; cultural transcreation of resources & appeal is currently underway, as is a Behavioral Health Provider Directory of over 200+ SUD, mental health, peer, community-based and other culturally- /linguistically-specific behavioral health workforce

For the most up-to-date housing resources Dial 2-1-1 or 866-698-6155 or find your local Community Action Agency.

  • If a Community Based Organization is supporting someone in isolation and quarantine who has been illegally evicted from their housing, please contact your Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC)
  • There is a statewide eviction moratorium (House Bill 4401) that temporarily prevents most (but not all) evictions that will last until June 30, 2021. In order to be covered under this law, persons need to submit a declaration of financial hardship. Legal Aid Services of Oregon has the declaration available in multiple languages. Oregon Law Center has more guidance on evictions and tenant protections.

  • Motel vouchers are accessed different ways in different places and different counties. People with OHP can contact their CCO patient navigator or care assister for potential emergency funding. Community Based Organizations can work with their local public health agency to find temporary isolation and quarantine housing in their community

  • There are many national, statewide and regional resources for undocumented communities. 211info is has a complete list on their COVID website
  • The Quarantine Fund provides financial support during isolation and quarantine to agricultural workers who are recovering from COVID-19
  • The Oregon Worker Relief Fund provides benefits for people who have lost their jobs, but are not eligible for unemployment or federal stimulus relief. Call 888-274-7292 to apply

  • Indigenous Communities Attention Line (CACI) provides COVID-19 information in their languages to indigenous communities in the State of Oregon. Call 844-291-4970
  • Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 page has updates for agricultural workers and employers
  • The National Center for Farmworker Health, Inc. website provides resources. Particularly of interest may be Comunidades Indigenas en Liderazgo’s (CIELO) resource document which contains information in K’che’, Mam and many other indigenous languages. The website also contains a link to Rural Women's Health Project’s educational materials document which contains information in multiple indigenous languages, dialects, and Spanish
  • The OSHA Temporary Rule provides detailed information regarding what Agricultural Employers are responsible for doing to protect their employees. Please familiarize yourself with this document as it is good foundational knowledge to have as you conduct outreach activities directly at farms
  • The Safe + Strong Oregon campaign website has multiple COVID-19 resources in 12 languages
  • The Quarantine Fund provides financial support to agricultural workers who are recovering from COVID-19
  • Oregon's Food Security and Farmworker Safety Program provides assistance to agricultural producers in order to protect essential agricultural workers from COVID-19 exposure and illness and to secure Oregon's food chain

  • Call 211
  • The retailer DHVANI has offered to provide a free reusable face covering to anyone who wants one
  • Many big box retailers carry masks (not free but may be a source for purchase)
  • Organizations or service agencies may speak with their county emergency manager if they are unable to obtain face coverings through their usual suppliers

  • Map and contact information for non-emergency medical transportation services in your area. This is a covered service for Oregon Health Plan members
  • If the Community Based Organization is supporting a client who does not have Oregon Health Plan or insurance coverage for medical transport services, please work with the Local Public Health Authority (LPHA) to coordinate transportation coverage. Wraparound grant funds can be used to cover this cost

Accessibility: For individuals with disabilities or individuals who speak a language other than English, Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS) can provide information in alternate formats such as translations, large print or braille. For assistance, please contact the ODHS Office of Equity and Multicultural Services (OEMS) Language Services, Melissa Gomez, at 503-269-0902, 711 TTY or at OEMSLanguage.Services@dhsoha.state.or.us.

Comments and Feedback: Please send comments and feedback to Community.Covid19@dhsoha.state.or.us.

Did this webpage meet your needs? Take our two question survey.

Updated on May 5th, 2021 08:41AM